Timeline A short timeline of the key dates in Cam Sight's history. Expand 1912 Cam Sight made an informal start at a meeting held in St Andrew’s Parish Church Hall. Two ladies of well known Cambridge families, Mrs Lilley and Mrs Stace organised a meeting for local blind and partially sighted people to offer support and recreation. 1915 Mrs Lilley and Mrs Stace opened the Blind Worker’s shop at 5 Emmanuel Street, Cambridge. 1919Mrs Stace engaged, a home teacher to visit every blind person known in Cambridge and the surrounding villages once a fortnight. 1921 The Cambridgeshire Society for the Blind and Partially Sighted became a registered charity. 1928 The Blind Worker’s shop moved to 28 Regent Street, Cambridge. 1946 The Blantyre Residential Home was opened at 24 Glisson Road, Cambridge. 1953 The Blantyre Residential Home was extended in 1953. 1954 A smaller house at 35 Glisson Road was added. The leases of these houses were bought from the Society’s accumulated funds with gifts from the Royal National Institute for the Blind, colleges and other bodies. 1985A centre was set up to provide support and information on specialist equipment to blind and partially sighted people living in Cambridgeshire. 1992 The Blantyre Residential Home closed and Cam Sight moved to 5 Coles Lane, Oakington. 1996 Cam Sight moved again to 167 Green End Road, Cambridge where it remains to this day. 2008 Cam Sight opened an office and equipment centre at 2 Victoria Street, Chatteris. 2012 Centenary celebration. 2018Cam Sight moved from Chatteris to 14 Chapel Road, Wisbech.